All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFull Length, Dark Comedy 3m., 2f. Various, Unit set Amanda, twenty-five, wants to be a great composer. But at the moment, she's living in New York City and writing advertising jingles to pay the rent while her fiance, Jack, pursues his singing career. So when Amanda's mother, Kim, calls one evening from New Hampshire and asks for her help with something she can't discuss over the phone, Amanda is only too happy to leave New York. Once home, Kim reveals that she's leaving Amanda's father and needs help packing. Amanda balks and ends up (gently) hitting the postman, who happens to be her first boyfriend. They spend the night together in an apple orchard, where Amanda tries to tell Billy how her life got sidetracked. It has something to do with being a young woman in a profession that only recognizes famous men. Billy acts like he might have the answer, but doesn't. Neither does Amanda's mother. Or, for that matter, her father. A Feminine Ending is a gentle, bittersweet comedy about a girl who kws what she wants but t quite how to get it. Her parents are getting divorced, her fiancee is almost famous, her first love reappears, and there's a lot of ise in her head but ne of it is music. Until the end. Ending is a promising beginning...the playwright has a sense of humor that brings to mind a budding Wendy Wasserstein and a liberated sense of form that evokes a junior Paula Vogel. -Los Angeles Times Darkly comic. FEMININE ENDING has undeniable wit. -New York Post. Appealingly outlandish humor. -The New York Times. Courageous. The 90-minute piece swerves with nerve and naivete. Sarah Treem has a voice all her own. -Newsday.
- Author(s)Sarah Treem
- PublisherSamuel French, Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSamuel French, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.