All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe seventh volume of this Companion series is devoted to the writings ascribed to Paul but widely thought t to be genuiinely from the Apostle. These are of particular importance in showing how Paul's authority was exploited in the Early Church, and the topics addressed often deal with Christian discipline and hierarchy. Hence there is a particularly strong feminist agenda to be explored here.The Pastoral Epistles, Ephesians and Colossians are prominent among the writings addressed in this sparkling collection, and the authors include David Scholer, Luise Schottroff, Bonnie Thurston, Lilian Portefaix, Sara Winter and Ingrid Rosa Kitzberger.
- Author BiographyAmy-Jill Levine is the E. Rhodes and Leona B. Carpenter Professor of New Testament Studies, Vanderbilt University Divinity School and Graduate Department of Religion, and director of the Carpenter Program in religion, gender and sexuality in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
- Author(s)Amy Levine
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleJournal for the Study of the New Testament Supplement S.
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.