All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionOpen the hood of your car and you'll find a confusing mishmash of wires, tubes, and mechanical devices. What are all of those things? Written for mechanical vices who may t kw their catalytic converters from their universal joints, A Field Guide to Automotive Techlogy will help them gain a basic understanding of how their automobiles function. How does an airbag kw when to deploy? What is rack and pinion steering? And where exactly does a dipstick dip? Even seasoned gearheads will learn from this guide as it traces the history and development of mechanisms they may take for granted. A Field Guide to Automotive Techlogy has more than 130 entries, each with a clear photo to make recognition easy. Devices are grouped according to their habitats --under the hood, inside the car, and more--to help the reader identify the techlogy in question. Once the species is discovered, the entry will tell you its behavior --what it does--and how it works, in detail. This guide also includes sidebars on related technical issues, such as how to mix up a batch of homemade windshield wiper fluid. It even discusses other vehicles found on our nation's highways--buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and more--as well as a few off-road vehicles.
- Author BiographyEd Sobey is president of the Northwest Invention Center, where learning programs about invention are developed and presented, and is treasurer and director of Kids Invent! He lives in Redmond, Washington.
- Author(s)Ed Sobey
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Note200 b/w photos
- Weight453 g
- Width127 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.