All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionNew Zealand is commonly described as the land of birds. Now, there is an easy-to-use guide for all those interested in this country's remarkable bird population. A Field Guide to the Birds of New Zealand contains over 600 stunning photographs of the more than 350 bird species likely to be seen in this area of the world. Comprehensive and compact, the book includes full descriptions of all native species and regular visitors, distribution maps and measurements, key information on national parks, and useful information on ongoing conservation efforts in the country. Filled with handy tips for nature enthusiasts wanting to make the most of their trip, this is the only bird guide that anyone exploring this region will need. *600+ color photographs feature more than 350 bird species with full descriptions * Distribution maps and measurements * Key information on national parks helps readers find the best spots for bird sightings * Useful information on conservation efforts * Guidelines on sensible behavior for encountering nature at its best
- Author BiographyJulian Fitter is a longtime resident of New Zealand and a key member of Friends of the Galapagos, the Galapagos Conservation Trust, and Falklands Conservation. He is the coauthor of Wildlife of the Galapagos (Princeton). Don Merton (1939-2011) was one of New Zealand's most internationally acclaimed conservationists. Prior to his retirement in 2005, he was a senior scientific staff member of New Zealand's Department of Conservation and helped save the Kakapo and Black Robin from extinction.
- Author(s)Don Merton,Julian Fitter
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication04/01/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Pocket Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note600+ color photos.
- Weight428 g
- Width114 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.