A Field Manual of Camel Diseases: Traditional and Modern Veterinary Care for the Dromedary by Evelyn Mathias, Ilse Kohler-Rollefson, Paul Mundy (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe one-humped camel, or dromedary, is one of the world's hardiest domesticated animals. A vital source of transport, meat, milk and income for pastoralists in the Sahel, East Africa, the Middle East and South Asia, the camel can carry heavy loads for days in some of the world's most hostile conditions. But even camels fall ill. A Field Manual of Camel Diseases is the first practical guide to camel diseases designed for use in low techlogy environments. The manual details some 80 major camel diseases and conditions, ranging from abortions to wry neck syndrome. For each disease, the authors give the disease signs, its causes, and simple prevention and treatment methods. Both scientific and tried and tested traditional treatments are presented, thus enabling the veterinarian or livestock practitioner to make the most appropriate choice in the prevailing circumstances. Local and scientific names of diseases and plants are given, enabling enhanced communication and understanding between pastoralist and veterinarian. A list of common medicines and their dosages acts as an aide-memoire. Illustrated throughout by artists familiar with camels to show clearly the diseases and how to treat them.
- Author BiographyIlse Kohler-Rollefson is a veterinarian and founder of the League for Pastoral Peoples. She has worked with camel pastoralists in Jordan, Sudan and India, focusing on their traditional knowledge. Evelyn Mathias holds a Dr med vet degree (the German equivalent of a PhD) from the University of Giessen, and an MS in international development studies from Iowa State University. She has conducted research and published widely on traditional veterinary medicine. Paul Mundy is a British development communication specialist based in Germany. He has a PhD in communication from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and master's degrees in SE Asian studies and mass communication.
- Author(s)Evelyn Mathias,Ilse Kohler-Rollefson,Paul Mundy
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication20/01/1999
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Content Noteline drawings
- Weight418 g
- Width177 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.