All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in the mid-1970s in India, A Fine Balance tells the story of four unlikely people whose lives come together during a time of political turmoil soon after the government declares a 'State of Internal Emergency'. Through days of bleakness and hope, their circumstances - and their fates - become inextricably linked in ways one could have foreseen. Written with compassion, humour and insight, A Fine Balance is a vivid, richly textured and powerful vel by one of the most gifted writers of our time.
- Author BiographyRohinton Mistry is the author of three novels that were all shortlisted for the Booker Prize: Such a Long Journey (1991), A Fine Balance (1996), and Family Matters (2002). His fiction has won, among other awards, the Commonwealth Writers Prize for Best Book (twice), The Los Angeles Times Award, The Giller Prize, The Governor-General's Award, and the Royal Society of Literature's Winifred Holtby Award. In translation, his work has been published in over twenty-five languages.
- Author(s)Rohinton Mistry
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date27/01/2017
- Weight484 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edition Statement20th Anniversary edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.