A First Course in Chaotic Dynamical Systems: Theory and Experiment by Robert L. Devaney (Hardback, 1992)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $116.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA First Course in Chaotic Dynamical Systems: Theory and Experiment is the first book to introduce modern topics in dynamical systems at the undergraduate level. Accessible to readers with only a background in calculus, the book integrates both theory and computer experiments into its coverage of contemporary ideas in dynamics. It is designed as a gradual introduction to the basic mathematical ideas behind such topics as chaos, fractals, Newton's method, symbolic dynamics, the Julia set, and the Mandelbrot set, and includes biographies of some of the leading researchers in the field of dynamical systems. Mathematical and computer experiments are integrated throughout the text to help illustrate the meaning of the theorems presented.Chaotic Dynamical Systems Software, Labs 1--6 is a supplementary laboratory software package, available separately, that allows a more intuitive understanding of the mathematics behind dynamical systems theory. Combined with A First Course in Chaotic Dynamical Systems, it leads to a rich understanding of this emerging field.
- Author BiographyProfessor Robert L. Devaney received his A.B. from Holy Cross College and his Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley in 1973. He taught at Northwestern University, Tufts University, and the University of Maryland before coming to Boston University in 1980. He served there as chairman of the Department of Mathematics from 1983 to 1986. His main area of research is dynamical systems, including Hamiltonian systems, complex analytic dynamics, and computer experiments in dynamics. He is the author of An Introduction to Chaotic Dynamical Systems, and Chaos, Fractals, and Dynamics: Computer Experiments in Modern Mathematics, which aims to explain the beauty of chaotic dynamics to high school students and teachers.
- Author(s)Robert L. Devaney
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication30/09/1992
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudies in Nonlinearity
- Place of PublicationReading, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerseus Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight582 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.69Trending at AU $21.31
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.42Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.41Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.