All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Fistful of Rock Roll - Real Rock Art for Real Rock Bands - 21st Century Rock Poster & Record Cover Art Hot on the heels of Sal Canzonieri's Electric Frankenstein! High Energy Rock Art book and From Here to There and Back Again: 100 Years of Rock Art Influences from 1890s to 1990s book, high-energy, punk, rock & roll poster art comes an even more bombastic blast of raw poster power: A Fistful of Rock & Roll - Real Rock Art for Real Rock Bands book! A brain-frying collection nearly as big as a Marshall stack, A Fistful of Rock & Roll is an up-to-the-minute cross-section of today's booming rock poster scene, showcasing hundreds of works by top poster artists from every dive, hellhole, dungeon, and landfill from sea to shining sea, creating a deafening visual tribute to just about every goddamn cool band you can imagine! Get kicked in the eyeballs and give your sensibilities the beating they so richly deserve! Grab this amazingly cool collection of the wildest Rock Art you have ever seen! Years in the making, stone was left unturned to bring together all these greats! This big fat book shows thousands of colorful art by the 21st Century's current best Rock Art artists. This is IT! A Fistful of Rock & Roll - Real Rock Art for Real Rock Bands, by Sal Canzonieri, author of Dark Horse Book's ELECTRIC FRANKENSTEIN!, is the most definitive and biggest Rock art book ever made, there is thing like it anywhere! Every great artist is featured in this giant compendium of Rock Art! The Coolest artists from the USA, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, Australia, and Japan are all here. What makes A Fistful of Rock & Roll even more unique is that many great artists contributed t only some of their hardly ever seen most rarest pieces, but also EXCLUSIVE art that is ONLY available in this book! Many, many UNPUBLISHED Rock art pieces are shown for the first time EVER! With full artist contact info contained within, this book will be very valuable t only to fans and collectors of Rock Art, but also to Art Gallery owners, Art Directors, Club Promoters, Rock Bands, and so on. Check out what will be the most talked about Rock Art book. Cool essay on the New Rock and with section on Record covers at beginning of the book, followed by huge number of poster art from around the world. * Fistful of Rock & Roll includes posters from some of the top live rock acts in the history of popular music, including James Brown, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, MC5, Iggy Pop, Devo, Sid Vicious, Slayer, The Cramps, The Hives, Velvet Revolver, Ministry, Ramones, High on Fire, Misfits, Motorhead, Ramones, Melvins, Danzig, The Pixies, Social Distortion, Queens of the Stone Age, Bad Religion, The Wildhearts, Sonic Youth, The Bronx, Hatebreed, Metallica, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Dropkick Murphys, AFI, Rob Zombie, and hundreds more! * Fistful of Rock & Roll features poster art and other graven images from a virtual who's-who of the rock art scene, including Basil Gogos, H.R. Giger, Savage Pencil, Johnny Ace, Dave Burke, Mike Hoffman, Dirty Donny, Rockin Jellybean, Steven Cerio, The Rev, Art Chantry, Coop, Kozik, Alan Forbes, Derek Hess, Mitch O' Connell, Johnny Crap, Jamie & Gilbert Hernandez, Jim Phillips, Mark Arminski, Lindsay Kuhn, Jeff Gaither, Darren Marinuk, Firehouse, Peter Bagge, John Pound, William Stout, Cliff Mott, Eric Pigors, The Pizz, Shepard Fairey, Alex Fine, Tara McPherson, Emek, Brain Ewing, R. Black, Lisa Petrucci, and Stainboy, to name but a few. Features over 300 of the world's greatest Rock poster, lowbrow, and underground artists! Stay tuned for the next Rock Art book of the series, coming soon: It's Only Rock & Roll, But I Like It - More Real Rock Art for Real Rock Bands !
- Author BiographySal Canzonieri is better known as the founder and guitarist in the High Energy Punk Rock and Roll band, Electric Frankenstein. He is the author of Electric Frankenstein: High Energy Rock Art, being the first band to have an art book devoted to all their record covers and concert posters (first published by Dark Horse Books). Sal is the curator of the famed A Fistful of Rock & Roll compilations vinyl and CD series of 13 volumes of the best new punk rock n roll bands in the world. Sal also curates art gallery shows in NYC and NJ.
- Author(s)Sal Canzonieri
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1002 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.