All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionInfamous for her blocks on the roller derby circuit, Ballistic Miss L rolls with whatever life hands her. But Malinda Locke's fearless demear can't keep her wheels turning when she hears those dreaded three words: you have cancer. Having lost her brother to cancer, Malinda feels like her family is cursed. Determined to fight back without anyone kwing, she quickly finds that trying to keep the secret from her best friend, her brother's widow is harder than accepting her fate. As Malinda faces life-altering decisions, she starts to rely on her derby friend Dex the Hall. Their attraction is undeniable, but circumstances dictate the relationship remain platonic. A jammer on the men's roller derby team, Declan Hall's as fast on eight wheels as he is to come to Malinda's aid. As a paramedic, he has a vast network to help Malinda learn about cancer and her options. Her reluctance to open her heart has him fighting the demons of his foggy and sordid past. AA helps him handle the alcoholism and spearmint gum staves the nicotine addiction, but t even the reality of cancer can't deter the fixation he has for Malinda. A percentage of sales from this book benefit Relay For Life.
- Author BiographyS.A. Wall writes contemporary romance and women's fiction for one simple reason: she loves it! Most mornings she wakes with fictional characters buzzing in her head. The only way to quiet the chaos is to put their conversations on paper - the real stuff or the virtual kind. These people are very real to Susan and she dedicates a lot of time making them very real for her readers, mixing real-life stories with her own flavor of humor. It's not always easy, but Susan loves the challenge and loves to create! Susan sees the world in varying shades of purple and never passes on the opportunity to add to her collection of purple sunglasses or purple shoes. She spends her days working as an instructional design consultant from her home in the majestic White Mountains of New Hampshire. When she's not tapping away on her purple netbook, she enjoys chilling out with her three kids, drinking a nice cold one with her husband, and jaunting off to Bon Jovi and Kenny Chesney concerts.
- Author(s)S a Wall
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.