All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf ever there were an expert in the history, beauty, and overall best places to visit in Hawaii, Craig E. Burgess would be that person. His first visit to the islands was in 1974, the first of forty-one in total! Providing a glimpse of Hawaiian culture, history, music, art, and daily lifestyles to the reader, A Fleeting Glimpse of Paradise was inspired by Craig's time spent with special residents of Hawaii who shared a special Spirit of Aloha during his forty-one visits to the islands. His hope is that during your visit, you spend time with local residents of the islands and talk story with them, rather than simply going there for an Aloha shirt, flower lei, or some other souvenir. This beautiful collection of anecdotes, inspired poems, and special stories you can't get from travel books encourages readers to find ways to conserve the natural beauty of the islands-and to make the very best of their experience in this magical utopia. About the Author Craig E. Burgess graduated from Audubon High School in Audubon, New Jersey, as the valedictorian of the class of 1963. He entered Rutgers University as a pre-med student, then changed his major after his sophomore year, graduating with a double major in languages: Spanish and German. He received a teaching fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania and, in 1968, was hired as a Spanish instructor for the new Cherry Hill High School East, located only six miles from his home in Audubon. Craig completed his master's degree at Penn-in education-in 1971 and spent his entire twenty-six-year teaching career at CHHSE, taking early retirement in 1994. While at East, he served as Language Department Chairperson for six years and as faculty advisor to the Spanish Hor Society, the school's Adopt-A-Grandparent program, and the International Literary Club-a group of students who received national recognition for its language magazine, Passport. Craig's writing career began in 1987-at the age of forty-two-after receiving national recognition for a poem he had composed on one of his forty-one visits to the Hawaiian Islands: a poem entitled A Fleeting Glimpse of Paradise, the title selected for this collection of photographs and poems, a collection published after more than thirty years of experiences in the islands.
- Author(s)Craig E Burgess
- PublisherDorrance Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication21/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDorrance Publishing Co.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight754 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.