All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe complexity of modern tasks is rising along with the level of techlogy. Two techniques commonly used to deal with complexity are collaboration and information visualization. Recently, computer networks have arisen as a powerful means of collaboration, and many new techlogies are being developed to better utilize them. Among the newer, more promising of these techlogies is Sun Microsystems' JavaSpaces, a high-level network programming API. This thesis describes a tool for developing collaborative visualization software using JavaSpaces--an application framework and accompanying toolkit. In addition to a detailed description of the framework, the thesis also describes an application implemented using the framework, discusses the benefits of development under the framework, evaluates the performance of JavaSpaces in the context of the framework, and addresses the issue of network bandwidth limitations, which are a concern when developing visualizations that deal with large data sets.
- Author(s)Sean C Butler
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight127 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.