Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionHow do clinicians select appropriate treatment strategies to match their clients' needs? Formulation and Treatment in Clinical Health Psychology brings together leading experts in the fields of clinical health psychology and behavioural medicine with the aim of illustrating the formulation and treatment design procedures which they employ in their specialist areas. Each chapter covers the key biopsychosocial parameters, assessment modalities, empirically based treatment strategies and formulation procedures for specific problems. Areas covered include: * cognitive-behavioural case formulation in the treatment of alcohol problems * psychological treatment of hypertension * cognitive therapy for irritable bowel syndrome * miscarriage: conceptualisation and treatment of the psychological sequelae. Case studies are employed throughout to demonstrate a link between case formulation, treatment planning and outcome. The practical guidance provided in this volume will prove invaluable for all practising clinicians working in the context of health-related problems.
- Author BiographyAna V. Nikcevic is Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Kingston University, a chartered health psychologist and a cognitive behaviour therapist. Andrzej R. Kuczmierczyk is Senior Lecturer in Clinical & Health Psychology and Director of Health Psychology Postgraduate Training at City University, London. He is currently also a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and cognitive behaviour therapist with the Hertfordshire Partnership (NHS) Trust. Michael Bruch is Senior Lecturer in Psychology and consultant cognitive behaviour therapist at University College London.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight450 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAna V. Nikcevic,Andrzej R. Kuczmierczyk,Michael Bruch
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.