All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrafting a mechanism for better connecting defense strategy to programmatic choices Many observers have ted that past formulations of American military strategy, such as the Shape, Respond, Prepare Now approach that the Department of Defense used from 1997 until 2001, have been longer on philosophy than on practicalities. To address those shortcomings, this report outlines a preliminary framework designed to better link strategy with resource priorities and more accurately frame key investment choices. This report contains the results of a study designed to assist the Department of Defense in its efforts to refine the defense strategy in light of recent experiences and to address expectations about future challenges to U.S. national security. The framework model presented in this report provides a space in which decisionmakers can display strategic options and their inherent tradeoffs, debate the merits of those competing choices, and then decide on a specific strategy.
- Author(s)John G. McGinn,et al,etc.
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.