All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chief of Staff of the Air Force stated in September 2008 that the U.S. Air Force was the force of first and last resort. In the current complex environment of failed states, transnational terrorism, and hybrid warfare it seems that in this context, the U.S. Air Force must be prepared to fight along the entire spectrum of conflict. This research paper begins with an analysis of the spectrum of conflict with a vel model envisioned by Mr. Shawn Brimley, a former senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security (CNAS). This model helps explain the current nature of the spectrum of conflict. Next, the paper explores areas along the spectrum of conflict where the U.S. Air Force may have gaps in capabilities that may be exploited by future adversaries. The paper identifies two gaps: one at the lower end of the spectrum that is associated with our current counter insurgencies (COIN) in Iraq and Afghanistan and ather gap at the higher end of the spectrum associated with growing anti-access strategies employed by both China and Iran. The paper then posits two force structure recommendations to fill these capabilities. For the lower end counter insurgency portion of the spectrum the paper suggests a COIN aircraft and for the higher end anti-access portion of the spectrum the paper suggests a long range strike system. --Abstract from web site. Topic: 09A8002 - How would an Airman write Grand Strategy for the 21st Century?
- Author(s)Jeffrey L Cowan
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight73 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.