Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a fundamental denial at the centre of why we have an environmental crisis - a denial that igres that endless physical growth on a finite planet is impossible. Nature provides the ecosystem services that support our civilisation, thus making humanity unavoidably dependent upon it. However, society continues to igre and deny this dependence. A Future Beyond Growth explores the reason why the endless growth ecomy is fundamentally unsustainable and considers ways in which society can move beyond this to a steady state ecomy. The book brings together some of the deepest thinkers from around the world to consider how to advance beyond growth. The main themes consider the deep problems of the current system and key aspects of a steady state ecomy, such as population; throughput and consumerism; ethics and equity; and policy for change. The policy section and conclusion bring together these various themes and indicates how we can move past the growth ecomy to a truly sustainable future. This volume will be of great interest to students and scholars of ecomics, sustainability and environmental studies in general.
- Author BiographyHaydn Washington is a Visiting Fellow in Interdisciplinary Environmental Studies (Science) at UNSW (University of New South Wales) Australia. Paul Twomey is a Senior Research Fellow in the Faculty of Built Environment at UNSW (University of New South Wales) Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/04/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 22 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byHaydn Washington,Paul Twomey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.