All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis Gazetteer aims to be a comprehensive guide to places, artefacts and material of Anglo-Saxon and Anglo-Scandinavian (Viking) stone interest in Lincolnshire. Part 1 provides background material to put the Anglo-Saxons and Anglo-Scandinavians into their historical context, plus a glossary of terms, plans and features of Anglo-Saxon churches, and features relating to crossheads, cross-shafts, grave covers and grave markers. Part 2 identifies 117 sites with the aim of enabling the reader to kw exactly what they are looking for and where exactly to find it: there is a site index. In alphabetical order each entry is: star rated to indicate the quality of what there is to see and how easy it is to find. It is precisely located and described, including measurements and descriptions of decoration where appropriate.
- Author BiographyFor over 35 years the author has travelled and researched extensively in the UK. His first publications were concise guides to historic Orkney and Shetland, and Northumberland and Tyne & Wear, covering places of interest from prehistory to the twentieth century. In the last 20 years he has focussed on the Anglo-Saxon period producing gazetteers of Anglo-Saxon and Anglo-Scandinavian sites as indicate above, as well as The Combined Anglo-Saxon Chronicles: A Ready-Reference Abridged Chronology a single narrative in chronological order of the information provided in the extant manuscripts identifying in the process the source manuscripts. His books are for those readers who wish to learn more about Anglo-Saxon church architecture and Anglo-Saxon and Anglo-Scandinavian stone sculpture. Intended for the student and non-specialist alike, as well as those who already have some knowledge of the subjects covered, it bridges the divide between an academic approach and that of the interested general public. The aim is to provide an informed introduction to the subjects so that the reader will be able to confidently recognise Anglo-Saxon church architectural features and Anglo-Saxon and Anglo-Scandinavian stone sculpture.
- Author(s)Guy Points
- PublisherRihtspell Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationByfleet
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRihtspell Publishing
- Content Note31 Black & White Illus
- Weight590 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.