All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis definitive text is the single best work on Peirce's semeiotic (as Peirce would have spelled it) allowing scholars to extrapolate beyond Peirce or to apply him to new areas... -Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy Newsletter ...indispensable introduction to Peirce's semiotics. -Teaching Philosophy Both for students new to Peirce and for the advanced student, this is an excellent and unique reference book. It should be available in libraries at all...colleges and universities. -Choice The best and most balanced full account of Peirce's semiotic which contributes t only to semiotics but to philosophy. Liszka's book is the sourcebook for scholars in general. -Nathan Houser Although 19th-century philosopher and scientist Charles Sanders Peirce was a prolific writer, he never published his work on signs in any organized fashion, making it difficult to grasp the scope of his thought. In this book, Liszka presents a systematic and comprehensive acount of Peirce's theory, including the role of semiotic in the system of sciences, with a detailed analysis of its three main branches-grammar, critical logic, and universal rhetoric.
- Author BiographyJAMES JAKOB LISZKA is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Alaska Anchorage. He is the author of The Semiotic of Myth and several articles on semiotic and related fields.
- Author(s)James Jakob Liszka
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.