All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Gentle Occupation analyzes Dutch military operations in the aftermath of the 2003 United States-led invasion of Iraq. Unlike troops elsewhere, Dutch forces in Al Muthanna province met with little resistance, and the tion of a superior Dutch approach is w widespread. Using previously classified documents and archive materials, Arthur ten Cate and Thijs Brocades Zaalberg challenge this idea by detailing tactical operations and contextualizing the Dutch actions within the larger experiences of the coalition forces. Ultimately, the authors argue that the success of Al Muthanna province was due to the overall conditions and t a unique Dutch strategy.
- Author BiographyArthur ten Cate is a senior researcher and project manager at the Netherlands Institute of Military History in The Hague. Thijs Brocades Zaalberg is a researcher at the Netherlands Institute of Military History.
- Author(s)Arthur Ten Cate,Thijs Brocades Zaalberg
- PublisherLeiden University Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeiden University Press
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.