All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwelve Steps. Twelve Traditions. And yes, Twelve Principles. The Steps outline the actions that lead to extraordinary healing. The Traditions exist as guides to the functioning of the Fellowship. Embedded in both is a series of Principles by which to measure your progress.
Anyone who lives a Twelve Step way of life will recognize the principles passed on in A Gentle Path through the 12 Principles. They have existed among fellowships as a hidden curriculum of fundamental truths about recovery for decades, but never before have they been distilled into a succinct set of values that, when practiced, help each of us to develop an essential skill set for life. The principles--such universal touchstones for human self-realization as acceptance, awareness, responsibility, openness, and honesty--are concepts that enable a deep inner study and focus to make a new life happen in recovery.
Recovery means reengineering your life with a focus on renewal. The Twelve Principles are designed to help you get there.
- Author BiographyPatrick Carnes, Ph.D., is currently Executive Director of the Gentle Path programme at Pine Grove Behavioral Center in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA., and the primary architect of the Gentle Path treatment programmes for the treatment of sexual and multiple addictive disorders. He is author of Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction(1983), the first work designed to help addicts deal with their sexual compulsions, and to examine the tangled web of trauma, love, addictive sex, hate, and fear often found in family relationships. He has published numerous other works as well, including Contrary to Love: Helping the Sexual Addict (1989), A Gentle Path through the Twelve Steps (1994), The Betrayal Bond: Breaking Free of Exploitive Relationships (1997), Open Hearts (1999), Facing the Shadow (2001), and In the Shadows of the Internet (2001). With 30 years in the addiction field, Dr. Carnes is in high demand as a speaker, presenter, and interview subject and continues to be the leading voice in the field of sex addiction. In addition, his assessment tools related to sex addiction and trauma offer therapists a proven means to begin the treatment process with clients. He has been awarded the distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award from the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH), and each year SASH (formerly known as the National Council on Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity) bestows a Carnes Award to deserving researchers and clinicians who have made outstanding contributions to the field of sexual medicine.
- Author(s)Patrick J. Carnes
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.