All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAvie Reveare has the rmal life of a privileged teen growing up in L.A., at least as rmal as any girl's life is these days. After a synthetic hormone in beef killed 50 million American women ten years ago, only young girls, old women, men and boys are left to pick up the pieces. The death threat is past, but fathers still fear for their daughters' safety, and the Paternalist Movement, which was begun to protect young women, is taking over all the choices they make. Like all her friends, Avie still mourns the loss of her mother, but she's also dreaming about college and love and what she'll make of her life. But when her dad contracts her to marry a rich, older man to raise the money to save his struggling company, her life suddenly narrows to two choices: be trapped in a marriage with a controlling politician, or run. Her lifelong friend, student revolutionary Yates, urges her to run to freedom over the border to Canada. He's always believed she's fearless and will help her escape if she's willing. As their friendship turns to passion, the decision to leave becomes harder and harder. Running away is incredibly dangerous and it's possible she'll never see Yates again. But staying could mean death. Romantic, thought-provoking, and frighteningly real, A Girl Called Fearless is a speculative thriller about fighting for the most important things in life - freedom and love.
- Author BiographyCATHERINE LINKA was almost thrown out of boarding school for being too verbal. Fortunately, she learned to channel her outspokenness and creative energy into writing. A passionate traveler who has visited Iceland, the Amazon, and the Arctic circle, Catherine has seen five types of whales in the wild, but no orcas. Yet. She doesn't believe in fate, but she did fall in love with her husband on their first date when he laced up her boots, because she had a broken hand. A Girl Called Fearless is her debut novel.
- Author(s)Catherine Linka
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date09/09/2015
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $14.41Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.