All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe dazzling, fearless debut vel that won the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction and the book the New York Times hails as a future classic . In scathing, furious, unforgettable prose, Eimear McBride tells the story of a young girl s devastating adolescence as she and her brother, who suffers from a brain tumor, struggle for a semblance of rmalcy in the shadow of sexual abuse, denial, and chaos at home. Plunging readers inside the psyche of a girl isolated by her own dangerously confusing sexuality, pervading guilt, and unrelenting trauma, McBride s writing carries echoes of Joyce, O Brien, and Woolf. A Girl is a Half-formed Thing is a revelatory work of fiction, a vel that instantly takes its place in the can.
- Author BiographyAward-winning author Eimear McBride was born in 1976 and grew up in Ireland. At twenty-seven she wroteA Girl is a Half-formed Thingand spent just under a decade trying to have it published. The novel went on to win the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction, the Desmond Elliot Prize, the Kerry Group Irish Novel of the Year, the Goldsmiths Prize, and the Geoffrey Faber Memorial Prize, among others. She currently lives in Norwich with her family. Her second novel is The Lesser Bohemians.
- Author(s)Eimear McBride
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.