All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces the when, why, who, how and what of interfaith, the first general introduction to the subject. It is illustrated with personal reflections and photos from more than ninety interfaith academics from around the world, reading like a Who's who of the movement. Topics include the origins of interfaith activity, reasons for and types of, how to organize events, central issues, thoughts about the future, and resources. Many inspiring stories and quotes are included with insights into particular situations and projects, concerns, motivations and methodologies. A broad variety of perspectives are given, providing local, regional and international dimensions. The media always present the negative aspects of conflicts in which religions are implicated. There are other stories waiting to be told, of dedicated and inspired women and men, working for peace across religious divides.
- Author BiographySandy and Jael Bharat spent many years working for interfaith organizations in the UK and Netherlands, particularly with the International Interfaith Centre at Oxford. They helped initiate the Network of International Interfaith Organizations to enhance communication and cooperation among the 14 international members. They have also published Christ Across the Ganges (O Books, 2007)
- Author(s)Jael Bharat,Sandy Bharat
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication28/06/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight522 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.