All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book on historiography to adopt a global and comparative perspective on the topic, A Global History of Modern Historiography looks t just at developments in the West but also at the other great historiographical traditions in Asia, the Middle East, and elsewhere around the world over the course of the past two and a half centuries. This second edition contains fully updated sections on Latin American and African historiography, discussion of the development of global history, environmental history, and feminist and gender history in recent years, and new coverage of Russian historical practices. Beginning in the mid-eighteenth century, the authors analyse historical currents in a changing political, social and cultural context, examining both the adaptation and modification of the Western influence on historiography and how societies outside Europe and America found their own ways in the face of modernization and globalization. Supported by online resources including a selection of excerpts from key historiographical texts, this book offers an up-to-date account of the status of historical writing in the global era and is essential reading for all students of modern historiography.
- Author BiographyGeorg G. Iggers is Distinguished Professor Emeritus at the State University of New York (SUNY), Buffalo. His publications include Marxist Historiographies: A Global Perspective (2015, co-edited with Q. Edward Wang), Historiography in the Twentieth Century (1997) and The German Conception of History (1968). Q. Edward Wang is Professor of History at Rowan University in the US and Changjiang Professor of History at Peking University in China. Among his publications are Chopsticks: A Cultural and Culinary History (2015), Mirroring the Past: the Writing and Use of History in Imperial China (2005, co-authored with On-Cho Ng) and Inventing China through History: the May Fourth Approach to Historiography (2001). Supriya Mukherjee teaches at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg. Her research interests include German history and the history of historical writing in India.
- Author(s)Q. Edward Wang,Supriya Mukherjee
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2016
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight720 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.