All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionA Global History of the Developing World takes a sweeping look at the historical foundations of the problems of developing world society. Encompassing Asia, Latin America and Africa, the book centralizes the struggle for self-determination in an attempt to understand how the current nation-states have been formed and what their future may hold. Although concentrating on the modern era, its scope is broad: it covers geography, ancient and modern history, ecomics, politics and recent events. The book features twelve chapters, organized into 4 thematic units, each containing one chapter on each of the three continents. These units cover different commonly-experienced phemena among the peoples of the Developing World: imperialism, nationalism, globalization, and development. The first three are chrological, while the last surveys and analyzes the scholarly debates over the causes of development and underdevelopment. Through these chapters Christopher M. White presents a wide-ranging study of the major themes in studies of the developing world, including slavery, imperialism, religion, free and fair trade, democratization and ecomic development. Including detailed profiles of key figures as well as maps and illustrations, A Global History of the Developing World vividly illustrates the culture, personalities and histories of a key subject area. A perfect introduction for all students interested in the developing world in a historical context.
- Author BiographyDr. Christopher M. White is an Associate Professor of History at Marshall University. His research interests include Latin American history, revolutionary movements, and US foreign policy. He is the author of Creating a Third World: Mexico, Cuba, and the United States during the Castro Era (2007) and The History of El Salvador (2008).
- Author(s)Christopher M. White
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2013
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.