All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe have just experienced the worst financial crash the world has seen since the Great Depression of the 1930s. While real ecomies in general did t crash as they did in the 1930s, the financial parts of the ecomy certainly did, or, at least, came very close to doing so. Hundreds of banks in the United States and Europe have been closed by their supervisory authorities, forcibly merged with stronger partners, nationalized or recapitalized with the tax payers' money. Banks and insurance companies had, by mid 2010, already written off some 2000 billion dollars in credit write-downs on loans and securities. In this book, Johan Lybeck draws on his experience as both an academic ecomist and a professional banker to present a detailed yet n-technical analysis of the crash. He describes how the crisis began in early 2007, explains why it happened and shows how it compares to earlier financial crises.
- Author BiographyJohan A. Lybeck has worked as Managing Director of Finanskonsult AB (Stockholm) and Risk Analysis SA (Brussels) for the last twenty-five years. As an academic, he has been, inter alia, a Chaired Professor of Economics, an Associate Professor of Econometrics and an Adjunct Professor of Finance. His banking career includes positions as Senior Vice President of Swedbank (Stockholm) in charge of financial strategy and Chief Economist at Matteus Bank. He holds a PhD in Economics (University of Michigan, 1971) and a 'fil. lic.' in Political Science (University of Gothenburg, 1986). He is also a captain and Chief Interrogator in the Swedish Air Force.
- Author(s)Professor Johan A. Lybeck
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note46 b/w illus. 26 tables
- Weight720 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.