All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWestern Christianity s interaction with world religions used to be, for the most part, overseas. Today, religious others often live next door. At a changing time when one public prayer spoken during the 2009 U.S. presidential inauguration festivities was addressed to O god of our many understandings, the evangelical Christian church should do more than simply dismiss n-Christian religions as pagan without argument or comment. The Church needs a theology of religions that is Christ-horing, biblically faithful, intellectually satisfying, compassionate, and that will encourage Spirit-powered mission.Oregon-based theology professor Todd Miles writes to that end in A God of Many Understandings ?, attempting, as the scholar Veli-Matti Karkkainen puts it, to think theologically about what it means for Christians to live with people of other faiths and about the relationship of Christianity to other religions.
- Author BiographyTodd Miles is assistant professor of Theology and Hermeneutics at Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon, where he earned the M.Div. He also holds a Ph.D. from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Author(s)Todd Miles
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Weight567 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.