All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $54.86Free postage
- AU $55.13Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionSurfing's formative period from 1965 to 1978, as shown through the most complete book of the iconic images of photographer John Witzig. Chronicling the great creative years in the evolution of surfing, the late 1960s and early '70s, this engaging volume documents the revolutionary changes of the era--in board length, in surf style and technique--through the images of Australian photographer John Witzig. Witzig was t only photographing the scene, he was part of it, a group that included surfers Bob McTavish and George Greeugh, and his images reflect both that access and that intimacy. In 1967, he created a firestorm of controversy with a Surfer cover story declaring that a core of young Australian surfers had redefined the sport, as evidenced by his friend Nat Young's blazing win in the 1966 World Surfing championships. Witzig went on to capture the defining moments--the surfers, the draft-dodging back-to-landers, the radical developments of board design, and, of course, the waves, from Australia to Holua Bay--of surfing's most thrilling period. Soulful, poetic, icoclastic, filled with rare images, this book is a unique look at surfing's cultural revolution.
- Author BiographyJohn Witzig contributed his first article to Surfing World Magazine in 1963. He edited Surf International and in 1970 co-founded Tracks, a journalistic Australian surfing magazine called the hippest youth culture magazine being published in the world at the time. Mark Cherry (1950-2010) was an Australian writer on surfing and popular culture. Nick Carroll is a surf journalist. Dave Parmenter is a shaper and former professional surfer. Drew Kampion is the author of several books on surfing, including Stoked! A History of Surf Culture. Steve Pezman is the publisher of The Surfer's Journal.
- Author(s)John Witzig
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note190 Colour and Black and White Photographs
- Weight1406 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.