All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly original and compelling book offers an introduction to the art and science of social inquiry, including the theoretical and methodological frameworks that support that inquiry. The new edition offers coverage of post-modernism and Indigeus ways of kwing, as well as a discussion of the research process and how to communicate arguments effectively. The result is a book that blends the best of earlier editions with updates that provide a strong foundation in critical thinking, rooted in the social sciences but relevant across disciplines.
- Author BiographyAlan Sears is Professor of Sociology at Ryerson University. He is the author of The New Left: A History of the Future (2014) and co-author with James Cairns of The Democratic Imagination: Envisioning Popular Power in the Twenty-First Century (2012). James Cairns is Associate Professor in the Contemporary Studies Department at Wilfrid Laurier University, Brantford. He is the co-author with Alan Sears of The Democratic Imagination: Envisioning Popular Power in the Twenty-First Century (2012).
- Author(s)Alan Sears
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.