All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDisruptive techlogy is one of the defining ecomic trends of our age, transforming one major industry after ather. But what is the true impact of such disruption on the world's ecomies, and does it really have the potential to solve global problems such as low growth, inequality and environmental degradation? The provocative answer is that such disruption could indeed solve many of these issues, but that it won't...at least, t on its current trajectory. A Good Disruption highlights some of the huge costs that are at stake, and argues that managing such disruption will be the defining business challenge of the next decade. In order for us to meet that challenge, the book sets out a bold and inspirational vision for a more robust and sustainable ecomic model. Rich in relevant case studies, and incorporating industry examples from around the world, A Good Disruption accomplishes the remarkable feat of synthesizing key contemporary trends into a coherent world view of how to seize the potential of our collective futures. This is essential reading for policy makers, politicians, business executives and social scientists, as well as anyone who wants a deeper understanding of the impact of disruptive techlogy and how it can be transformed into a major force for the global good.
- Author BiographyMartin R. Stuchtey is founder and managing partner of SystemiQ Ltd, a specialist for large-scale environmental programs. Previously, he worked at McKinsey in various leadership positions, most recently as Director of the Center for Business & Environment. He is a strategic advisor to the World Economic Forum and a professor for resource strategies. Per-Anders Enkvist was a consultant with McKinsey for 15 years, for the last seven of which he was a partner in its sustainability practice. He was the global leader of McKinsey's work on climate change and a co-leader of its work on the circular economy. Per-Anders recently founded his own consultancy, Material Economics. After 10 years as a senior partner at McKinsey, Klaus Zumwinkel became CEO of Germany's largest mail order group, and subsequently of the German postal service, now Deutsche Post DHL. He has also served on numerous boards, including Lufthansa, Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Telekom.
- Author(s)Klaus Zumwinkel,Martin Stuchtey,Per-Anders Enkvist
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight754 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.