Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description“ A Good Home will delight your soul and touch your heart. There is magic in these words!”
—DEBRA USHER, President and Editor-in-Chief, Arabella Magazine
“ Cynthia Reyes’ glass is almost always half full, but ours, as we read her uplifting story, brims over.”
—COLIN McALLISTER and JUSTIN RYAN, www.colinandjustin.tv
A Good Home is an addictive read, a profoundly emotional book about the author’s early life in rural Jamaica, her move to urban North America, and her trips back home, all told through vivid descriptions of the unique homes she has lived in — from a tiny pink house in Jamaica and a mountainside cabin near Vancouver to the historic Victorian farmhouse she lives in today, surrounded by neighbors who share spicy Malaysian odles and seafood, Greek pastries and roast lamb, and Italian tomato sauce and wine (really strong wine).
Full of lovingly drawn characters and vividly described places, A Good Home takes the reader through deeply moving stories of marriage, children, the death of parents, and an accident that takes its high-flying author down a humbling tch. Its pages sparkle with stories and reflections on home as:
A foundation on which to build connections with children, relatives, and friendsA place to celebrate the joys of elegant design, overflowing gardens (except for the wisteria vine, which cant be coaxed into blooming), and the sharing of good foodA wise teacher, showing us who we really were — and who we really areWhen this brave, clear-eyed, and honest book returns, full circle, to the way it began, readers will want to read it all over again.
Cynthia Reyes has published n-fiction stories in Arabella Magazine, one of the fastest-growing magazines in the United States and Canada, as well as in the Globe and Mail and Toronto Life. Reyes is a former journalist and executive producer with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. More than a hundred episodes of her programs have appeared on network television. She is the winner of national and international awards and acclaim for her work as a television producer, project leader, and public speaker, including the Children’s Broadcast Institute Award and the Crystal Award for Outstanding Achievement in Film and Television.
- Author(s)Cynthia Reyes
- PublisherBPS Books
- Date of Publication06/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBPS Books
- Weight376 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.