All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA Good Man Inside is the diary of one man's experiences of his time in prison written over 300 days as he reels from and makes sense of being under lock and key. A white collar criminal he sees himself as someone who should t really be in prison - as 'a good man' for whom his incarceration is doubly punitive, t practically necessary or achieving much other than the degradation and powerlessness of being in prison. But as time passes he accepts his fate and settles down to the regime, helping others and using the experience to best advantage. The book takes the reader through the day-to-day minutiae of prison life, prison conditions and the strange language of prisoner interchanges, hygiene, mental health and prison food. It emphasises the different worlds of captors and captured and deals with the preoccupations of someone who has kwn better times and wishes to get back to what is left of his life and family and start all over again. Captures the essence of the sudden incarceration of a previously respectable white collar offender whose reputation and comfortable life have been turned upside down. Not only from self-interest, does he try to explain the futility of locking up people like himself making the book of interest to prison reformers as well as general readers. Set out as a diary and very easy to read. Illustrated by the author. Humorous, sometimes dark, critical, insightful and of particular interest to prison reformers.
- Author BiographyWill Phillips is a singer-songwriter and performer whose on-stage experiences include as lead singer in bands and working in musicals such as Camelot and Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat. Having also worked as a chef and catering events consultant and organizer, in 2010 he found himself in prison for fraudulent offences. The author of several short stories, including Ouija Board and Curse, he spends his free time at home playing his guitar in the company of his Siamese cat and best friend Dexter.
- Author(s)Will Phillips
- PublisherWaterside Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationWinchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWaterside Press
- Content NoteBy the author
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.