All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo some, all sand looks alike - countless grains is a vast expanse of beach. But, if you look much closer, the view will never be the same! Employing the amazing microphotography techniques he developed, Greenberg invites readers to discover the strange and wonderful world that each grain of sand contains: once magnified a hundred times it become a landscape of its own. From around the world, the subtle differences in textures, colors, sizes, shapes, composition. As the world unfolds, so does an intriguing explanation of how each grain of sand begins, forms, and finds itself in a particular place, one of a million, yet also one of a kind. Not just a book for beachcombers and holiday-makers, this will appeal as much for its art as for its science - a beautiful coffee-table book as well as a fact-filled find for naturalists.
- Author BiographyDr. Gary Greenberg earned his doctorate in developmental biology from University College London and later joined the faculty at the University of Southern California. Co-founder of Edge Scientific Instrument Corporation, he developed high-definition 3D light microscopes, for which he has been issued nineteen US. patents. He is currently Research Affiliate at the University of Hawaii Institute for Astronomy.
- Author(s)Gary Greenberg
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Note200 color
- Weight753 g
- Width215 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.