CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionLao is the national language of Laos, and is also spoken widely in Thailand and Cambodia. It is a tone language of the Tai-Kadai family (Southwestern Tai branch). Lao is an extreme example of the isolating, analytic language type. This book is the most comprehensive grammatical description of Lao to date. It describes and analyses the important structures of the language, including classifiers, sentence-final particles, and serial verb constructions. Special attention is paid to grammatical topics from a semantic, pragmatic, and typological perspective.
- Author BiographyN. J. Enfield, Max-Planck-Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
- Author(s)N. J. Enfield
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- Series TitleMouton Grammar Library [MGL]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 38
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 7 schw.-w. Abb., 32 schw.-w. Tab.
- Weight1130 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.