All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionSurvival was their dearest hope...these mountain people. Their children were their greatest asset...but they died one by one, long before they reached the age of six, many times at birth along with their mother. When a mother died in childbirth the family was usually broken into tiny pieces...but Mary Breckenridge changed all that with her midwives and nurses. They rode their horses in the middle of the night, in the coldest of winter, to save a mother and her child...but they did more than that...they treated gunshot wounds, snake bites, gave shots, but most of all they gave hope to this mountain community where few had cared until this great woman came into their midst. Mary Breckenridge had vowed never to love again, but she fell in love with these mountain people and served them well...with the courage of Job, she began to live again...a different life, but a full one, and she took an entire mountain of people with her on this journey, along with her nurses and midwives. This is the story that might have been her own.
- Author(s)Shirley Noe Swiesz
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.