A Great Indian Problem and a Suggested Solution (Classic Reprint) by Rai Bahr Ganga Ram (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from A Great Indian Problem and a Suggested Solution What is the Indian Problem? It has two aspects. (1) In Great Britain it appears to be a spirit of unrest and discontent. Now and again, one sees in the London and Provincial newspapers, the ugly words Sedition in India. (2) In India, the problem is one that daily presses upon the millions of its people, the problem of making two ends meet; of the food supplies for the ever growing population, and wherewithal to buy the needs of life? Where there is smoke, there is fire, and there is a cause for unrest and discontent, but it is Ecomical and t Political. A great solution lies, in my opinion, as I will attempt to show in this pamphlet, in the development of the produce of land, and in freeing the cultivator from the harassment and hardship of the present system of cash fixed payment, according to a periodical or any kind of assessment. Before proceeding to outline my scheme in somewhat greater detail, I will here just say that from the kwledge of my own countrymen, I firmly believe that a revision of the Government of India's Land Revenue Policy in some accordance with my proposed solution of the problem will speedily lead to a development of land produce which will tend to alleviate, if t terminate, the unrest and discontent, the evidences of dissatisfaction with the outward conditions of life. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Rai Bahr Ganga Ram
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.