All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Great Lakes Wetland Flora (Fourth Edition) is a comprehensive field guide to the vascular plants found in the wetlands of the Upper Midwest - the plants of bogs, fens, swamps, marshes, wet meadows, and low prairie - plus the aquatic plants of lakes, ponds, rivers, and streams. The Fourth Edition features many new illustrations and incorporates the June 2012 Wetland Indicator Status classification of the National Wetland Plant List; this replaces earlier lists developed by the US Fish and Wildlife Service, and is the standard for use in wetland delineation studies. Definitions for the indicators have been revised, and are based on regions, 4 of which are present in the Great Lakes area: Midwest, Northcentral and Northeast, Eastern Mountains and Piedmont, and Great Plains. The Flora's thoroughness and ease-of-use have made it a favorite reference with botanists, natural resource managers, environmental consultants, students and educators. Contents Complete coverage of aquatic and wetland plants of the Upper Midwest - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Illiis, Indiana and Ohio. Over 900 plant species in 114 plant families; each species described (including habitat and range information) and illustrated. Descriptions of major wetland types of the Great Lakes region. Identification of plants of conservation concern in each state (endangered, threatened, special concern). Alphabetically arranged by plant family within four major plant groups - Ferns and Fern Allies, Conifers, Dicots, and Mocots - for quickly finding and identifying plants. Easy-to-use keys to each plant family, genus, and species.
- Author BiographySteve W. Chadde is a botanist and plant ecologist with degrees from the University of Wyoming and Montana State University. He spent much of his professional career working for the US Forest Service, the Montana Natural Heritage Program, The Nature Conservancy, and for various ecological consulting firms. His fields of expertise include wetlands ecology, endangered species surveys, natural areas management, and mine land reclamation. He worked at numerous locations in the Rocky Mountain west, the Great Plains and Midwest. Now semi-retired, he enjoys preparing botany-related field guides such as A Great Lakes Wetland Flora, first published in 1998 and now in its 4th edition (2012).
- Author(s)Steve W Chadde
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width147 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.