All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo thousand years ago the Roman architect Marcus Vitruvius Pollio wrote the ten books on architecture establishing the concept of the pattern book offering design principles and solutions that is still referred to in every architect's education. A Green Vitruvius is intended as a green pattern book for today. Now fully updated, this well established textbook provides advice suitable for undergraduate and post graduate students on the integration of sustainable practice into the design and construction process, the issues to be considered, the strategies to be adopted, the elements of green design and design evaluation within the process. Classic design elegance is found in the holistic clear solution.
- Author BiographyVivienne Brophy is a Lecturer in Architectural Design and Technology in University College Dublin (UCD) and a Director of the UCD Energy Research Group. Vivienne's research and teaching focuses on supporting undergraduate and post graduate students, the architectural profession and the wider construction industry to meet the challenge for design teams today in delivering truly sustainable buildings. J Owen Lewis is Professor Emeritus of Architectural Science in University College Dublin (UCD) and currently Chief Executive of the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI), Ireland's national energy authority. He was Director of the UCD Energy Research Group for over thirty years and has co-ordinated many European Commission energy research and dissemination activities and has lectured in most EU Member States on sustainable architectural design.
- Author(s)J. Owen Lewis,Vivienne Brophy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour, index
- Weight646 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.