Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionA Grim Almanac of Lincolnshire is a day-by-day catalogue of 365 ghastly tales from around the county dating from the twelfth to the twentieth centuries. Full of dreadful deeds, macabre deaths, strange occurrences and heius homicides, this almanac explores the darker side of Lincolnshire's past. This compilation contains such diverse tales of highwaymen, smugglers, bodysnatchers, duellists, poachers, witches, rioters and rebels, as well as accounts of old lock-ups, prisons, bridewells and punishments. All these, plus tales of murder, suicide, accidents by land, sea and air, and much more, are here. If you have ever wondered about what nasty goings-on occurred in the Lincolnshire of yesteryear, then look further - it's all here. But do you have the stomach for it?
- Author BiographyNeil R. Storey is a professional historian, lecturer and prolific author. He has written countless articles and regularly features on television and radio documentaries as guest, historical adviser and consultant. He is the author of over twenty books, including A Grim Almanac of Jack the Ripper's London and East End Murders: From Jack the Ripper to Ronnie Kray. He lives in North Walsham, Norfolk.
- Author(s)Neil R. Storey
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.