Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise guide to real analysis covers the core material of a graduate level real analysis course. On the abstract level, it covers the theory of measure and integration and the basics of point set topology, functional analysis, and the most important types of function spaces. On the more concrete level, it also deals with the applications of these general theories to analysis on Euclidean space: the Lebesgue integral, Hausdorff measure, convolutions, Fourier series and transforms, and distributions. The relevant definitions and major theorems are stated in detail. Proofs, however, are generally presented only as sketches, in such a way that the key ideas are explained but the technical details are omitted. In this way a large amount of material is presented in a concise and readable form. The prerequisite is a familiarity with classical real-variable theory.
- Author BiographyGerald B. Folland was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. He received his bachelor's degree from Harvard University in 1968 and his doctorate from Princeton University in 1971. After two years at the Courant Institute, he moved to the University of Washington, where he is now professor of mathematics. He is the author of ten textbooks and research monographs in the areas of real analysis, harmonic analysis, partial differential equations, and mathematical physics.
- Author(s)Gerald B. Folland
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDolciani Mathematical Expositions
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 37
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.