All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the fourth of our series of bird guides, Brett Westwood is joined by keen birdwatcher Stephen Moss on the rth coast of Devon, and with the help of wildlife sound recordist Chris Watson they offer a practical and entertaining guide to identifying many of the birds you're likely to see and hear around Britain's coastline. Each programme focuses on a different habitat, starting with estuaries and birds such as Redshank, Dunlin, Curlew and Kt, then sandy shores and birds including Common and Sandwich Tern; rocky shores (Rock Pipit, Turnstone), sea cliffs (Fulmar, Guillemot, Razorbill), and offshore islands (Puffin, Manx Shearwater and Arctic Tern). Listen to advice on how to recognise birds visually and how to identify them from their calls and songs. After all, often you're more likely to hear a bird than see it! 1 CD. 1 hr 15 mins.
- Author BiographyStephen Moss (Author) Stephen Moss is a naturalist, broadcaster, television producer and author. In a distinguished career at the BBC Natural History Unit his credits included Springwatch, Birds Britannica and The Nature of Britain. His books include A Bird in the Bush, A Sky Full of Starlings, The Bumper Book of Nature and Wild Hares and Hummingbirds. Originally from London, he now lives with his wife and children on the Somerset Levels.
- Author(s)Brett Westwood,Stephen Moss
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication03/03/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight95 g
- Width125 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Read byBrett Westwood,Chris Watson,Stephen Moss
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time75
- Edition StatementA&M
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.63
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $38.97
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.47
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.10
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.