Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $109.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical handbook for therapists working with children, drawing on the authors' twenty-five years of experience in practice and teaching. It contains clear instructions for the beginning therapist who wants to kw how to use play to diagse and treat children suffering from depression, behavior problems, separation, and loss. Showing the value of play in the developmental journey of a child, the Prices' are specific about how to help children overcome life circumstances that have left them stuck in their emotional and adaptive development. When the therapist fosters conditions for growth in therapy and improves the environment, most children will develop and succeed. Since parents need to be a major part in the treatment of their children, the authors describe ways to model effective parenting, including a recommendation that parents play with their children. They show how the therapeutic experience can extend beyond the hour and into the real life of the child, and they reinforce for parents the appropriate developmental expectations for youngsters. Therapists will also find an excellent list of parent training resources to assist in parent consultation. Lively case material and practical exercises combine to provide a comprehensive resource for clinicians who deal with troubled children and their parents. Helpful appendices include consent forms, toys to buy, and basic behavioral management tools. This is an encyclopedic reference for the beginner, and an invaluable teaching tool for supervisors.
- Author BiographyB. Max Price received his Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Oklahoma, Norman. Specializing in child psychology, Dr. Price has been in group private practice since 1977 with Behavioral Medicine Associates and Integris Baptist Medical Center Outpatient Counseling. Since 1998, he has practiced with the Center for Counseling and Care of Oklahoma, Inc. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Oklahoma Psychological Association and is a member of the American Psychological Association and the National Register of Psychologists. He is the author of two books, numerous publications and magazine articles on child guidance, parenting, children in crisis, and children and stress. Geri Price received her Bachelor's degree in Business from Oklahoma City University. She has been a Senior Consultant for the Center for Nonprofit Management, working with dozens of organizations in Strategic Planning. She has published several magazine articles. She currently works for the Oklahoma County Metropolitan Library System coordinating afterschool and summer reading programs for high-risk/low income elementary school children. The Price's have two children, Tracey and Todd, and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)B. Max Price,Geri Price
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication28/07/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteindex and references
- Weight712 g
- Width235 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.