All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA GUIDE TO CLINICAL ASSESSMENT AND PROFESSIONAL REPORT WRITING IN SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY, 1E t only provides guidance for the often overwhelming process of assessing speech and language disorders but also offers robust diagstic report writing tools in one user-friendly resource. Organized by disorder, this book is the only one to provide a sample report for each of the major communicative disorders discussed. It also includes a chapter devoted to basic report writing skills and grammar. The assessment aspects of the book offer an in-depth chapter on counseling, a detailed and comprehensive chapter on dysphasia for both pediatric and adult populations, and a clear and practical chapter on assessment of accent. Each chapter is written by experts in their area of communication disorders and provides the following information: background and characteristics of the disorder; parameters for assessment; pertinent interview questions; an inventory and explanation of relevant formal and informal assessment measures in narrative and table format; a section on differential diagsis to assist in teasing out the specific problem; and a sample case history with assessment tools chosen for that vignette along with rationale for making such selections. All this information is woven into a sample diagstic report and a similar assignment is provided for practice, making this an ideal resource for ESL learners as well as students preparing for the praxis. Every chapter includes a list of key vocabulary and a glossary to familiarize your students with the professional vernacular relevant for writing diagstic reports.
- Author BiographyCyndi Stein-Rubin, MS, CCC-SLP, TSSLD is a certified speech/language pathologist, life coach, leadership trainer, and specialist in the fields of interpersonal communication and human development. Mrs. Stein-Rubin is a full-time faculty member, lecturer and clinical supervisor in the Department of Communication Arts and Sciences at Brooklyn College (CUNY). She is the recipient of the 2009 college-wide Award for Teaching Excellence and is successfully integrating a coaching approach and positive psychology in her classroom design, and in her clinical supervision both with students and while training students to counsel clients and families. She conducts workshops and training sessions employing her cutting edge approach to leadership for university faculty and staff. In addition, Ms. Stein-Rubin conducts training programs for the executive development program of the New York Police Department, the Center for Teaching (CFT) for faculty and staff at Brooklyn College and is a keynote speaker for St. John's Hospital's Department of Psychiatry and for several prominent New York community centers. Renee Fabus, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, TSHH is an Assistant Professor at Brooklyn College of the City University of New York (CUNY). Dr. Fabus has accepted a faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor at Adelphi University for Fall 2011. She received her bachelor's degree in Psychology from New York University, her master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from Teachers College, Columbia University, and her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Columbia University. Dr. Fabus is a certified speech-language pathologist who has practiced in a variety of medical and school settings, including private practice. Her clinical interests and expertise include: childhood apraxia speech, stuttering in children and adults, dysphagia, preschool language disorders, and neurogenic communication disorders in adults. In addition, she has taught and supervised in both undergraduate and graduate programs in the New York City area and served in various capacities on boards and editorial committees. She has awards in both research and teaching and has received funding to investigate the neural processing of school-age children who stutter. She is currently the Vice President of the Long Island Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Author(s)Cyndi Stein-Rubin,Renee Laura Fabus
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/2011
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, colour line drawings, black & white tables, colour tables, figures, charts
- Weight866 g
- Width204 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.