Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fifth edition of Dr. Kristi Kanel's A GUIDE TO CRISIS INTERVENTION covers the fundamentals of situational and developmental crises, how they occur, and how they have been managed since the 1940s. Kanel discusses traditional counseling models as they relate to crisis intervention, and shows how they have been incorporated into her model-the ABC Model of Crisis Intervention-that is used by both paraprofessionals and professionals. Presented in detail, the ABC Model of Crisis Intervention is ideal for use in any mental health setting and with any individual (from any population) in a crisis situation. The text provides detailed examples of specific crisis situations, including developmental crises, trauma crises, post traumatic stress disorder crises (PTSD), crises of personal victimization, substance abuse crises, and crises related to loss, terminal and serious illness, and disabilities. New chapters discuss veterans' issues; sexual assault and rape; and ethical, legal, and professional issues. The author also explores suicide assessment and the use of the Mental Status Exam. Every chapter offers case vignettes to aid students in practicing the skills presented in the ABC Model of Crisis Intervention.
- Author BiographyKristi Kanel (Ph.D., University of Southern California) is a Full Professor at California State University, Fullerton in the Department of Human Services where she has been teaching for over 31 years. She is the author of A GUIDE TO CRISIS INTERVENTION, 5th Edition; HUMAN SERVICE DELIVERY TO LATINOS, 2nd Edition; and AN OVERVIEW OF THE HUMAN SERVICES, 2nd Edition (with Melanie Horn-Mallers). Dr. Kanel was a practicing psychotherapist for over 25 years. Her experience as a counselor includes working at two non-profit agencies (the Anaheim Free Clinic and a battered woman's shelter), a public agency, a managed care organization, and in private practice where she worked with a multitude of client populations, specializing in trauma. Her most recent research has focused on the mental health needs and interventions for the veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Other research includes mental health needs of Latinos and crisis intervention practices.
- Author(s)Kristi Kanel
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/01/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight500 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.