All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first comprehensive guide to East Asian collections in American and Canadian libraries. It covers fifty-five collections and deals primarily with materials in East Asian vernacular languages, mainly Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. The guide also covers materials in both book and nbook form. Description given to each collection emphasizes subject strengths, areas of specialization, special materials and collections, access services, interlibrary loan service, library automation, network and consortium participation, contact information, library catalogs, and other publications. In addition to printed materials, this guide includes rare items such as old manuscripts and inscriptions, rubbings, oracle bones, and fine printing. Entries are arranged alphabetically by name of the parent institution. A list of geographical collections and a general index aid access to the material. The work will be useful to scholars, researchers, and students in East Asian Studies and to East Asian librarians.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS H. LEE is East Asian Librarian at the Indiana University Library. His most recent book is AACR 2 Workbook for East Asian Publications (1983).
- Author(s)Thomas H. Lee
- Date of Publication23/03/1992
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in World History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight429 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.