A Guide to Hajj and Umrah by Anis Matthews, Daud R Matthews (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGuide for Hajj and 'Umrah. It is an enlightening spiritual and practical guide for the sacred journeys of Hajj and Umrah. Its a guided tour through a number of very meaningful emotional and religious experiences. But its also so much more... It is a journey of self-discovery as well as the discovery of Islam. Its a primer on Islamic practices that will undoubtedly intrigue and captivate both Muslim and Non Muslim audiences through engaging story-telling. Th e text itself is well written and simple, getting straight to the heart of the matter of proper religious observance and practice on what may rightly be called the pilgrimage of a lifetime... The photographs displayed near the end of the book are astounding and original, especially for readers from Non Muslim countries, who have in all probability never before seen such sights as the spellbinding, pure-as-sw brightness of Masjid-Nabawi at night, or the sober splendor of the Prophet's Mosque. Interspersed with the practical maps, tips and guides that all pilgrims will appreciate are the most beautiful and heartfelt invocations and prayers to Allah, the Most Powerful and Compassionate, as well as a thrilling narration of Islam's early history and lore. Particularly moving and evocative is the beautifully retold beginning of sa'ee, the struggle as an act of absolute trust in Allah, as displayed by a desperate and lonely Hajar. Especially touching and profound is the authors recommendation to work hard on understanding the du'as recited as a pilgrim, instead of simply carrying pamphlets and reciting them in blind fashion without understanding their meaning. Such a warning is a necessity, as casualness might well impair the sincerity of the appeal, which should come straight from the pilgrim's heart. In short, this book is truly the perfect companion for a deeply spiritual and personal pilgrimage to the heart of Islam.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHORS: Anis Matthews Anis is fluent in Arabic, English and Urdu. She has B.Sc. and M.Sc.(Punjab) and an M.Phil (Surrey/Harwell). She has been a university lecturer for a total of 14+ years; 8 years in Iraq (physics to medical students), 1 year in the UK (university entrance to A-level students) and 6 years in KSA (physics to medical students). She ran circles for women and girls on both Islamiyyat and Taweed/Arabic during her time in KSA, continuing in the UK in half a dozen locations including her home, until failing health caused her to reduce her activities. Anis also took the female student workshops as part of the Dawah Courses jointly run with her husband. Daud R Matthews - Daud was raised as an Anglican. He left organised religion when he was 23. He studied physics but left physics research for computer management in 1971. Daud has been a Fellow of the British Computer Society and a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute as well as a Chartered Engineer. He passed the MENSA test in 2003 with a score of 156. He embraced Islam in March, 1970; married in Pakistan in 1973 and worked in Saudi Arabia from 1974 - 1997; first with King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 1974 - 1986, and then with King Saud University 1986 - 1997 as Technical Manager in their computer centres. He was heavily engaged in presenting Islam to non-Muslims in KSA from 1986 - 1997. Daud was one of the presenters of Tafsir in English for Saudi TV Channel 2 for six months.He also ran classes on Islam for 2 years for a group of children of expatriate doctors who would be returning to the West. Since his return to the UK in 1997 he has run classes on Islam for children; he became the Chairman of a weekend Bangladeshi Educational Trust in Loughborough, some 5 years later, their weekend school merged with the other weekend school and had a total enrolment of over 70 students. He has lectured regularly on Islam in universities, Islamic Awareness Weeks and run Dawah Courses. Retiring in 2003 he still lectures and gives Dawah Courses.
- Author(s)Anis Matthews,Daud R Matthews
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.