All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the explosive growth in international investments, more and more lawyers and financial advisors realize the acute need to properly address critical issues of international estate planning for their clients. Whether you are counseling a foreign national or an American citizen, whether your practice is in the U.S. or abroad, whether you want to develop a general expertise in the area or are confronted by these issues on a more frequent basis, this compendium is a necessary and practical resource to help you identify and navigate many of the complex planning and regulatory compliance issues, both legal and tax, involved in international estate planning. In addition to providing a complete overview of the basic principles and procedures of international asset management from addressing the conflict of laws issues that are central in determining which country s laws will govern the disposition of a dor or decedent s wealth to the basic transfer tax rules for nresident aliens, U.S. citizens, and resident aliens A Guide to International Estate Planning teaches proven strategies, techniques, and practical applications to use for meeting your clients international estate planning needs. Twenty-two detailed chapters are written by trust and estate lawyers with significant experience in international issues. Their advice goes beyond simply highlighting issues in estate planning, emphasizing key issues as compliance, treaty, choice of law, and estate administration problems. This updated edition w includes chapters on FATF and anti-money laundering and offshore compliance, as well as chapters from several foreign jurisdictions to provide comparative insights on different topics.
- Author BiographyLeigh Alexandra Basha is a Partner in Holland & Knight s Private Wealth Services Group and is the head of the firms International Estate Planning Practice where she devotes her practice to her clients needs in the areas of domestic and international taxation, estate planning and administration, business law, and pre marital agreements.
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication07/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Weight1542 g
- Width178 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byLeigh-Alexandra Basha
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.