All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn summary, the purpose of Six Sigma management is to promote joy in work for all employees so that they have the energy to participate in the improvement and invation projects identified from the organizational dashboard! -Howard S Gitlow Authored by Dr, Howard Gitlow, one of the most respected Six Sigma Master Black Belts, this well-organized volume demonstrates the implementation of quality improvements into the all areas of the workplace from the shop floor through a company's executive offices. Illustrating his points with a number of case studies, the book provides a compelling argument as to why Six Sigma should be the preferred approach. It also explains how to build an organization that both encourages and values the input of quality teams, and details the steps they must take to implement and maintain lean initiatives. Dr. Howard S. Gitlow is Executive Director of the Institute for the Study of Quality, Director of the Master of Science degree in Management Science, and a Professor of Management Science, School of Business Administration, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida. He was a Visiting Professor at the Stern School of Business at New York University in 2007, and a Visiting Professor at the Science University of Tokyo in 1990 where he studied with Dr. Noriaki Ka. He received his Ph.D. in Statistics (1974), M.B.A. (1972), and B.S. in Statistics (1969) from New York University. His areas of specialization are Six Sigma Management, Dr. Deming's theory of management, Japanese Total Quality Control, and statistical quality control. Dr. Gitlow has consulted and co-taught courses with Dr. W. Edwards Deming and Dr. Noriaki Ka (Science University of Tokyo). Dr. Gitlow is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt, a Fellow of the American Society for Quality, and a member of the American Statistical Association. He has served on the editorial boards of four journals. His list of consulting clients includes universities, consulting firms, city governments, healthcare organizations, insurance companies, utilities, manufacturing organizations, and service organizations. Dr. Gitlow has testified in 24 legal cases involving the following issues: critiquing and developing sampling plans, discrimination (age, race, gender, country of origin, and ethnicity), anti-trust, game fixing, jury selection, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Author BiographyUniversity of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, USA
- Author(s)Howard S. Gitlow
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2009
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.