Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA full guide to preaching and the topics surrounding it. This book offers a comprehensive and practical guide to the art and practise of preaching. The style is clear and accessible making this book suitable for those just beginning their theological training as well as those further in who want a -nsense study guide which covers all the key topics with eugh detail to provide a thorough grounding in the issues. Topics covered in this wide-ranging book include preparation, thinking about context, audience and themes, visual aids, learning and teaching styles, biblical approaches, cultural relevance, differences between male and female approaches to preaching, assessment and much more. The book includes relevant and vibrant examples of a variety of styles and approaches from around the world.
- Author BiographyRoger Bowen has been a BCMS missionary in Tanzania, has served on the councils of both Crosslinks and CMS and has been general secretary of Crosslinks. He was a lecturer in mission and evangelism at St John's College, Nottingham. His books include A Guide to Romans and So I Send You. The other contributors are teachers and preachers from around the world, and bring experience of a spread of contexts and types of preaching.
- Author(s)David Gitari,David L. Edwards,Esther Mombo,Roger Bowen,Simea Meldrum,Vinoth Ramachandra
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication22/07/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleInternational Study Guide (ISG)
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 38
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.