All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionMost academics still wrestle with the publish or perish phemen. Based on Dr. Liebowitz's 25 years serving as the editor-in-chief of a leading international journal, along with insights from some of the most kwledgeable journal editors, this book shares key lessons learned to help new professors, doctoral students, and practitioner-scholars increase their chances of being published in selective, refereed international journals. It focuses on the key practices needed to ensure journal publication, with interesting cases and helpful tips sprinkled throughout the book. A Guide to Publishing for Academics provides useful kwledge from leading journal editors of both traditional and online journals, as well as various tiers of journals. Although the focus is mainly in the business and IT areas, much of the guidance provided can cross into other fields. The book contains interesting vignettes and do's and don'ts so that potential authors can understand what goes on behind the scenes once the manuscript arrives on the journal editor's desk. The book provides constructive guidance on choosing what and where to publish, what to consider when writing a title for a paper, how to prepare and submit journal manuscripts, and how to position a paper for publication. It also has valuable information for current and future journal editors, including models of editing and editorial boards, editorial coaching advice, and editing smart practices. With the information in this book, the next generation of academics and practitioner-scholars will be well equipped to overcome the publish or perish phemen.
- Author BiographyDr. Jay Liebowitz is the DiSanto Visiting Chair in Applied Business and Finance at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. He is editor of the book Bursting the Big Data Bubble: The Case for Intuition-Based Decision Making and previously served as the Orkand Endowed Chair of Management and Technology in the Graduate School at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC). Prior to UMUC, Dr. Liebowitz was a full professor in the Carey Business School at Johns Hopkins University. He was ranked one of the top 10 knowledge management researchers/practitioners out of 11,000 worldwide. Dr. Liebowitz is the founding editor-in-chief of Expert Systems with Applications: An International Journal, which is ranked as a top-tier journal worldwide.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication22/04/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJay Liebowitz
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.