All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis title sets out the records (including websites) available for tracing the history and genealogy of families in Co. Limerick, Ireland. The genealogical sources for Limerick are diverse because of the nature of the county, which contains both remote rural agricultural communities and an urban population in Limerick city. The most common family names include O'Brien, Ryan, Dovan, Sheehan, Hallinan, Hurley and Scanlan. Many Limerick people emigrated in the late 18th and 19th centuries. Almost 17 per cent of the population emigrated in the 1850's alone. This book will be of direct interest to the descendants of these emigrants. It details the types of records available, where they can be accessed and how they can best be used to trace ancestors in the county and city of Limerick. It is well illustrated with maps of administrative divisions, and examples of the types of records to be found. There is also a comprehensive index.
- Author BiographyMargaret Franklin has recently retired as the local history specialist in Limerick Library Service and has contributed articles on a range of aspects of Limerick history to local history and parish journals. She has also compiled a bibliography of Limerick city and county.
- Author(s)Margaret Franklin
- PublisherFlyleaf Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintFlyleaf Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width143 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eoin Ryan
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.